As educators, we are all sensitive to the privacy and safety of the students we teach. GlobalEd is no different. We must pay attention to best practices when making video lessons. It is important to take some precautions when recording lessons. Please also consult with a school administrator to determine what your school’s policies are. With that in mind, please consider taking the following steps when you decide to record a lesson.
- Consider recording from your home or in a neutral space. You may not need the presence of students.
- If recording in your classroom, place your camera such that students are not visible in the frame.
- Record using colleagues as your students.
4. If you want to do an interactive lesson with your students, be sure to ask your administrators permission to record. You may have to have your parents sign a waiver.
- You can always do an interactive lesson outside of school using your own waivers, your friends and/or your friends’ children.
Again, it is important to consult with an administrator to understand the school’s policy regarding privacy and safety of the students. Once it has been made clear, please use any digital recording software to record your lesson. Store it on a video storage site ex. Youtube. Then upload the url onto your “Create Lesson” page found on your “Profile” page. Give your lesson a title. Pick a subject matter. Give it a creative cover. Upload a preview and you are all set.
If you are not yet a member, please go to www.globaledconnector.org and join now. It’s absolutely free.
If you would like to receive more interesting reads and if you want to connect with teachers from around the world to collaborate and share content, please join the GlobalEd community.Join Us Now!